Gaming banner

1/20/2011

Dead or Alive Dimension impressions

When I woke up today a couple new videos for DOAD were up on Tecmo's facebook page. A gameplay one which is insanely great and a second one revealing a stage inspired in Metroid: Other M (And probably a logical replacement for the Spartan character from DOA4).

The gameplay video is simply perfect, it shows several fights between a lot of characters including Kasumi, Ayane, Jann Lee doing his amazing punch combo from DOA4, Kokoro wearing the kimono we all wanted in DOA4, Eliot, Genfu, Brad Wong, Bass, etc. It looks like all the guys from the xbox 360 will be available plus Raidou. The game is reusing stages from DOA 2, 3 and 4 which is great because all three of them had amazing environments to fight in and I'd love to play in those again.

It looks like the game is gonna run perfectly on the 3DS, Team Ninja already warned us that using the 3D feature will reduce the framerate from 60 to 30 but to be honest it's not a problem for me since I'm most likely gonna play my "serious" matches without the 3D anyway. Also the graphics look incredible, better than a PSP but a little worse than DOA4 which is obvious. But still, the game seems like it's going to be great. It's definitely a day-1 purchase for me.

The second trailer showed Kasumi and Hayabusa fighting inside the room where Samus fights Ridley in Metroid: Other M. The monster shoots fireballs at the stage which I'm sure are gonna be like the cars and cheetas from DOA4 (mid punches running around the stage, like my old friend X Dest used to say). At the end of the trailer Samus in "sphere mode" jumps in. This doesn't actually confirm anything but people are already speculating that this means Samus will be a guest character to replace the Master Chief since he unfortunately cannot join the 3DS because he is a Microsoft character. Samus would be a great guest character in the game and it she gets the Master Chief's moves then better yet, I just hope we'll be able to use her with the Zero-suit.

Changing subject. All these months I've been thinking DOAD and Ocarina (the two games I wanna start my 3DS collection with) are not gonna be available until at least June which is kinda lame because the console comes out at the end of march and that means I'd have to wait at least 2 months to get it. But it's probably better that way. I'll have more time to finish the endless mountain of unfinished games I already have and to save money for the games (I already saved enough cash for the console but not for the two games).

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario