Gaming banner

3/29/2011

Nintendo 3DS first impressions

Today while waiting to watch Battle: Los Angeles with my girlfriend at one of the local cinemas, I visited my group of friends who work at the gaming store where I sometimes buy and they let me try a 3DS. They had Pilotwings so I messed around with the game a bit but the important thing; the 3D effects are insanely great.

It takes a little while to get used to them and you have to keep the system in an exact position to avoid getting dizzy but I'm pretty sure it's just a matter of that, getting used to them. The Pilotwings game is very cool; it lets you drive three different vehicles around a Mii island to complete score-based missions. Looks cool and I'm still considering it for a purchase.

The graphics look much better than anything on the DS. This proves the system is indeed much more powerful than its predecessor. I noticed the graphics in Pilotwings look a bit better with the 3D effects turned off. While playing in 3D, you can see a severe lack of AA in several parts of the island and the Miis. Also, turning off the 3D made the game run smoother, but Nintendo and other developers already talked about this and it's confirmed that Dimensions will run at 30 frames per second in 3D and 60 without it.

Also, just like the PSP one, the analog stick works perfectly and is very comfortable, looks like Nintendo did a great job with the buttons. The stylus is much smaller than the DS one but still, comfortable to use. The home menu is very similar to the one I've seen in the DSi (I'm not sure about this because I own a DS fat and a DS Lite).

So far, the systems looks very good and with the huge amount of cool games coming for it I'm sure it's gonna be just as successful as the DS and every other Nintendo console. I can't wait to get my hands on mine.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario