Gaming banner

7/29/2011

Ocarina of Time 3D Master Quest three-heart run

A couple of days ago I started playing Ocarina of Time Master Quest again. This time, I'm attempting to complete it with only three hearts. I've done this a few times in the regular quest and it's not that difficult. The cool thing on the 3DS, besides the fact that the entire game is mirrored, is that the enemies deal twice the damage, which means that by playing with only three hearts, even small enemies like Tektites and the bats than actually kill Link. 

So far, the experience has been great. I just entered the Forest Temple but turned the console off as soon as Link stepped inside. The Deku Tree was ok, it wasn't difficult but the changes over the normal dungeon were cool. Dodongo's Cavern actually got me stuck in one part because I couldn't figure out how to get where the Bomb Bag was. 

Jabu Jabu was another story, I got stuck in several parts, especially in a room where the Boomerang appeared after killing all the enemies in it. Playing with only three hearts means that sometimes, I avoid killing strong enemies like Stalfos or Lizalfos, so I was attempting to do unnecessary stuff.

I suppose this is going to bring me some trouble in the later dungeons, especially Spirit Temple, God, the Iron Knuckles there take four hearts with each hit, which means that in MQ they take EIGHT, and I only have three. Amazing.

I'm really enjoying it, but I will take it easy and won't rush the entire thing. I'll most likely finish one dungeon every day or two. After I finish the story I'll attempt to hunt down every power-up and gold skulltullas, then I'll copy the file to grab all the pieces of heart and then I'll be done with Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D (for a few months at least)

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario en la entrada