Gaming banner

8/03/2011

Marvel and DC comics

During the last weeks I’ve started getting a real and intense interest in comics both from Marvel and DC. This might seem weird being that I’m a huge geek, but during my entire life, I’ve been a videogame aficionado until about 6 years ago when I started watching anime.

I don’t really read manga; it bores me to be honest. The only one I read for about two or three years was Naruto because I was interested in the story and was naïve enough to think it would end during those years. But after a few dozen chapters, the quality of both the art and storyline just kept deteriorating so I stopped reading it a few months ago.

But a mix between the current hype for superhero movies, Marvel vs. Capcom 3 and my new-gained love for the Marvel character Deadpool made me become interested in reading comics and getting into that part of the nerdy world.

In my childhood I did buy Marvel comics for a year or two. I remember reading some of the Marvel 2099 ones featuring Dr Doom, The Punisher and Ghost Rider and liking them a lot. I wanted to try Spider-man but never found those. I also had a small collection of Iron Man comics which I lost or gave away at some point in my teenager days.

But since the actual comics (I mean the physical ones) are extremely hard to find in my country, I have no choice but to download the torrents off the internet and if I like some, I can buy them from Amazon. I’m currently aiming at getting five volumes of Deadpool and Spider-man books that look very nice.

I already have the entire Deadpool collection in digital form and am currently downloading Spider-man 2099 and Ghost Rider 2099 to see what I missed in my childhood days. To be honest, I’m not interested in all the series. From Marvel I’m only interested in Deadpool, Spider-Man, Wolverine and probably Hulk. While from DC I’m only going to try Batman since the other DC heroes are extremely lame in my opinion.

So, in the following days I’m going to change to a new computer and will transfer all the files there to start reading the comics, I hope I like them. It could be a new hobby to me. I’m gonna start asking people I know if they recommend me any specific Spider-Man and Wolverine volumes that could be good.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario