Gaming banner

8/05/2011

N64 emulator plans

During all this seven months, I've been blogging from a laptop in my room because my old desktop PC died about a year or so ago. But since my dad has a PC somewhere in the house and he claims that it is "good", so I'll start using it during the weekend.

To be honest, I don't have any plans for present PC gaming though I admit that I like several old-school games like the original Unreal (one of my favorite games of all time) and Final Fantasy XI. But one of the things I haven't been able to do on the laptop is play with the N64 emulator because my two Xbox 36 controllers simply don't work on it. 

So, once I start using the desktop PC, I'll start browsing the N64 games for the Project 64 emulator and play the ones I never owned back in the 90s and early 2000s. The first one that comes to my mind is Diddy Kong Racing which I never owned and liked a lot when I tried it in my old PC. 

The fact that the emulator allows the user to put anti-aliasing on the N64 games is incredible, I already tried Ocarina of Time, Wave Race 64 and Mario 64 and the results are very very surprising. In fact, the Banjo games and Perfect Dark look so good in the emulators that the XBLA versions aren't actually better. 


With that, I'm planning to start messing around with those games for the following weeks and probably even months. I remember that a few months ago I mentioned here that even owning the current-gen consoles I'd like to always have an old-school game in my currently-playing list because the truth is that the N64 catalog is so great that even 15 years after the release of the console, the users still have tons of titles to play.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario en la entrada