Gaming banner

10/19/2011

My Atelier games arrived today

The Atelier Rorona and Atelier Totori games I ordered from Amazon arrived this morning. They're in excellent condition, completely new and I'm really pleased once again with the website's service. I got interested in buying these games for the same reason I bought Hyperdimension Neptunia: an investment, nothing more. I'm 100% sure that they're not even close to the really good JRPGs like Final Fantasy XIII, Tales of Verperia and Eternal Sonata. I've heard they're simple turn-based classic JRPGs like the ones we all used to play in the PS1 era. Yet, the collector editions of the games, rarity of them and the insanely increasing prices of them made me make up my mind and finally buy them.

I haven't even tried them but probably will during the week (I'm currently hooked to my new racing games on the 360) but in the trailers and gameplay videos the games look MUCH better than Neptunia so who knows¿ I might end up enjoying them eventually and refusing to sell them in the future.

Both of them are part of a "trilogy" where the first one is Atelier Rorona: The Alchemist of Arland and the second one is Atelier Totori: The Adventurer of Arland. The third chapter is already out in Japan and is called Atelier Meruru and is expected to be localized sometime in 2012. I'll stay tuned to the release date to try and catch it as cheap as possible.

Owning these games makes me wonder how some other game companies sell their games at the very same prices but you get nothing more than the game disc and the plastic cover. It just happened to me with NHL 11. That one only has the disc and a three-pages black and white manual (Gears of War 3 does this as well), while most JRPGs feature great colored books and some of them, like the Atelier ones give you beautiful content like the one you're about to see.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for getting recycled game boxes and using less paper but if you're going to sell me a recycled box and a black and white manual with less than five pages then don't fucking charge sixty dollars for it geez.

I took several pictures of the game boxes and the contents, take a look:


Both of the game boxes. The come with an art book each and Totori features a soundtrack CD.


Opened Rorona box, the insides are just like the Hyperdimension Neptunia one.


Box, art book and game box of Atelier Rorona. This was supposed to be an exclusive Gamestop version, and the game cover does mention it. Yet, I was able to get the game from Amazon.


Inside Atelier Rorona's art book.


Back of Rorona's art book and game box.


Back of Atelier Rorona's big box.


Contents of the Atelier Totori's Collector's Edition: Art book, game and soundtrack.


The insides of the art book and the music CD.


Back of Atelier Totori's game box, art book and music CD.


Same, from the opposite angle.


Back of Atelier Totori's box.




Both games resting on one of my shelves among some of my PS2 titles.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario