Gaming banner

11/21/2011

My own story

I've been a little busy with university stuff, as I've mentioned before but besides all that. I actually grew some balls and started something I wanted to do since I was about 15-years-old. Write my own story. This is probably going to sound kind of cliche but I don't really give a damn. I've played video games, watches movies, TV shows, anime series, read books and comics and the like my entire life so it's just logical that after those countless experiences I'll always think things like "I'd like to see a story based on THIS or that where something like THIS happens with THIS kind of characters" and over the years. I've imagined something that I actually started writing eight years ago. I know this because I recently found the original Microsoft Word files where I wrote the stuff, and it dates back to 2003. 

So now, I've actually restarted writing the thing, taking a little step every time, without rushing it and knowing that this is a project that could take several years, even on a constant pace. I'm a little paranoid about my ideas being stolen and used by someone else so I probably won't talk about anything specific but it is something of a sci-fi story mixed with medieval things and even a little fantasy here and there. I'm well aware that this is my very first attempt at actually writing something big but since my journalism studies will most likely make me spend my time writing, I thought that I might as well start with something I'd actually like to see on paper. Who knows? Maybe I'll get lucky and even get my story published one day. After seeing so many shitty books on shelves now days I believe that a novel written by a rookie writer has a strong chance of being published as well. Still this would be a very-long-term project. Anyway, I just thought I'd share what I'm doing. 

The gaming articles will resume of course, I think I'm ready now to finally write reviews for Forza 4 and F1 2011. I love those games so I'm pretty sure my articles and analysis about them will be very cool. I'm also expecting to write small "First Impressions" articles about Halo CEA and Skyward Sword during the week. I'll update the blog projects page immediately so everyone who actually reads me and myself can know what content to expect in the blog before the year ends. I've only got about one more month of classes and I should go on vacation on December 16th or something like that. I'm going to try my best to have all the unwritten game and anime articles ready by then. There are a lot of them so just give me time. I run this place alone.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario en la entrada