Gaming banner

12/20/2012

Christmas Amazon games ordered!

I just ordered several games off Amazon for Christmas, as I mentioned in a previous entry, I didn't get to order all the ones in my wish list but I'm more than happy and satisfied with what I got. I even managed to import a Japanese Tales game for only 25 dollars! NICE! Most of them were very, very cheap, they most expensive one was Hatsune Miku Vita at 75$ and the second was a 30$ game. The list goes as follows:

- Hatsune Miku: Project Diva f (Vita)
- Deus Ex: Human Revolution (Xbox 360)
- Otomedius Excellent (Xbox 360)
- Rayman Origins (Xbox 360)
- Lollipop Chainsaw (Xbox 360)
- Code of Princess (3DS)
- Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 3 (PS3)
- Tales of Hearts: CG Movie Edition (DS)
- Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings (DS)
- Growlanser: Wayfarer of Time (PSP)
- Gods Eater Burst (PSP)



The two PSP games I didn't add to the list before for some reason. I must have forgotten to, Growlanser is a strategy JRPG people have recommended a lot to me and Gods Eater is an action-RPG similar to Monster Hunter but with a different art style and gameplay rules. They're both pretty sick actually so I'm happy to own them. I remember playing a Growlanser Generations game I have on PS2 many years ago and loving it. Too bad it's just too obscure.

My copy of Tales of Hearts is Japanese of course, it's an edition with CG Movies it seems and at 25$ I simply had to order it. I've been watching gameplay just like with every other Japanese-only Tales game and it looks amazing. This game is actually being remade for the Vita under the name "Tales of Hearts R" just like Tales of Innocence R which I might have to import during 2013 if Namco doesn't ever decide to localize them.


I'm really excited about how the list came out, I don't think I'll have an easy time deciding which ones to play first though I think I'll start with Lollipop Chainsaw, Project Diva f and DW: Gundam 3. The cool thing is that those ELEVEN games aren't the only ones I'll be getting because I'll probably pick two or three more in the local stores. I'm thinking about Little Big Planet Vita, Forza Horizon and a possible third could be Fable III. But I'll have to visit the stores around the city first to see that they offer.

Besides the games I ordered a few extra things, I had to choose between the mountains of books, Blu-Ray movies and anime, DVDs, manga, figures and art books sitting on my Amazon wish list but after a lot, and trust me, A LOT of consideration and thinking I decided to go with:

- ToraDora Manga (5 volumes): I love ToraDora and I rewatched the anime recently. I just find the characters to be extremely likable and cool and the story is really pretty. I investigated a little and since it's just five volumes at around six dollars each I just went and bought it.

- Star Wars novels "The Thrawn Trilogy": I've never read a Star Wars novel before, these ones seem to be what fans consider Episodes VII, VIII and IX of the "main" story from the movies. I read the synopsis of each and asked around and they seem nice. They were very cheap too.

- Harry Potter Blu-Rays Film Collection: This package contains the entire saga, eight Harry Potter movies in full HD, I don't consider myself a huge fan but I read the books and liked the movies a lot, so I just had to own the movies. Amazon comments say there aren't many extras in the package but I certainly don't care much about that.

- The Avengers Blu-Ray: I ordered a package with four versions of the movie: Blu-Ray 3D, Blu-Ray, DVD and Digital copy. It also seems to come with a code to download the soundtrack from iTunes. Nice!

- A couple of atheism books I've always wanted to read: God is Not Great by Christopher Hitchens and The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins. I'm actually atheist and I like to read a lot about the matter online so owning a couple books on it is necessary for me. I'm currently reading another book by Dawkins called "The Greatest Show on Earth" where he proves Evolution is a fact and he's truly a fantastic writer for these kind of things.

-Alice: Madness Returns art book: While the game is certainly not as good as it should have been, the thing I liked the most about American McGee's Alice was the art. I got to watch the contents of the art book in my city's Comic Con this year and it's really beautiful and elaborate. It was cheap in Amazon so I just went and ordered it.


And well that's it. I'm extremely pleased with how I managed to administer the money I had available in so many things in that addictive website. What I like the most is the number of things I managed to buy. Last year I spent around 200 dollars only in some Halo: Reach figures but this time, many less-than-20$ items stacked made for a great Christmas shopping spree. Recommendation: Play around with several Amazon articles offering the same product and give a try to used things, they're usually much cheaper and come in excellent condition. 



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario en la entrada