Gaming banner

12/18/2012

Green Light to Christmas Shopping

Now that I finally got to pay the debt in my credit card, I'm able to administer what money I have left between the gifts I need to buy and the shit I'm gonna order from Amazon for Christmas. I have 250 dollars ready to spend before January 1st available because of a thing the government of my country does with our dollars that I'm lazy to explain. So I've been thinking about what to buy and what to leave in the wish list for 2013. I already ordered five games which are: Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Rayman Origins, Otomedius Excellent, Lollipop Chainsaw (All for Xbox 360) and Hatsune Miku: Project Dive f (imported for Vita).

The Xbox 360 games were very cheap. I got all four for around 80$ and the Vita one was a little expensive at 65$, but that's an imported game from Japan so I guess it's fine. I still have others in my wishlist that I'm considering buying but I'm still not 100% sure because I'd like to order a couple movies, books or figures along with the games. 

Let me share a few screens of the games I did order first and the ones in my radar:

DEUS EX: HUMAN REVOLUTION (Xbox 360): This is the third chapter in a cyberpunk saga that started back with a very famous PC game many years ago. From what I've been reading, Square Enix's developers actually lent a hand with this game's art and cinematics so all I see is people praising the game from this. It's actually a stealth game rather than a FPS so it's probably going to be hard for me to finish it (I'm really bad at being stealthy) but it should be an interesting challenge.












LOLLIPOP CHAINSAW (Xbox 360): This is a game that gets to the point. What do gamers nowdays like¿ Zombies, gore, action, catchy music and hot girls. Lollipop Chainsaw mixes all that and results in a very interesting action-adventure title where players take control of Juliet, a beautiful cheerleader that is in reality a zombie-killer. When an invasion of living-dead swarms her college (or high-school, which I doubt), its up to her to stop it using... a chainsaw. I've seen tons of screens and gameplay videos and it looks pretty cool.












RAYMAN ORIGINS (Xbox 360): This one is a 2D platformer like New Super Mario Bros or Kirby's Return to Dream Land, only better, and in HD, and very funny. Rayman teams up with several other characters in a fantastic-looking adventure that will take them to dozens and dozens of different location. Excellent gameplay, co-op, music and art-style are the key factors in this game. I tried the Wii and Vita versions and loved them, but I can only dream of owning the game in HD. Xbox 360 it is.











OTOMEDIUS EXCELLENT (Xbox 360): A very obscure and rare shoot 'em up that features anime girls riding some spaceships to fire gigantic lasers at never-ending hordes of enemies. This game shares genre with Radiant Silvergun and Ikaruga (two games I deeply love) but instead of playing vertically, Otomedius Excellent's gameplay is horizontal. The ship (girl) you play as flies from left to right of a set number of levels and you need to shoot your way through them, killing monsters and avoiding bullets as you go. From what I read, the game isn't on par with the two gems made by Treasure, but it's nice and the Collector's Edition was very cheap, so bring it on!












HATSUNE MIKU: PROJECT DIVA F (Vita): I'm actually a big fan of Hatsune Miku and Vocaloid, I played Project Diva 2nd pirated on one of my PSPs during the year and loved the game so much that I just had to import it eventually. The songs are extremely good and catchy and the game itself is easy-to-pick-up (even though it's in Japanese only), challenging, fast and very fun. When I heard the Vita got a new one in Japan I simply had to play it. So it looks like 2013 will have more of Miku for me. 












FABLE III (Xbox 360): I'm actually between The Witcher 2 and this one. I'm 100% sure The Witcher 2 is a better game but it's still a little expensive while Fable III is in less than 20 dollars. Besides, I did enjoy the first two a lot I have been wanting to try the third for a while now. It looks like the basic rules from Fable II are still there. Your character can still specialize in melee combat, guns and magic and interact in many different ways with many different people. 












FORZA HORIZON (Xbox 360): Forza is simply the best racing franchise for me. I love DiRT, loved GRID, respect Gran Turismo a lot and find the unrealistic racers like ModNation, Mario Kart and Wipeout fun, but Forza is where its at. The games feel realistic, are fast, extremely fun and look fantastic. Forza 3 and 4 are possibly some of the game I've played the most this generation so I should naturally try Horizon. I have to admit I was a bit doubtful at first when I heard about it being open-world rather than circuit-based like the four previous ones, but reviews, opinions, gameplay videos and the demo convinced me. Forza Horizon is a MUST.












DEVIL MAY CRY 4 (Xbox 360): I've wanted to buy this game for so many years that it's not even funny. I remember playing the demo back in 2007 or maybe even 2006 when I first got my Xbox 360 but for one reason or another, I never bought it. The good thing is that Amazon sells the game for around 10 dollars if you're lucky so I'm most likely gonna buy it now and complete the "quadrilogy".












DYNASTY WARRIORS: GUNDAM 3 (PS3): I'm well aware that DW games aren't the best things ever, but since I started watching Gundam 00 I've been getting interested in the series and its games. I got the first one for 360 and while it has a shitstorm of problems, I found it pretty fun. So logically the third has to be better. Besides, it has the Gundam 00 characters. Yay! Playing with Setsuna, Lockon, Tiera and Alleluyah and killing THOUSANDS of robots with them. I'm in!












PORTAL 2 (Xbox 360): While I never actually finished Portal 1 and I'm not a fan of Valve, Portal 2 has always interested me. The actually-good mix between a FPS and a puzzle game is fantastic and the game does have charm. The best thing about it for me is that it doesn't have weapons and enemies. It's still a little bit expensive (around 30 dollars) in Amazon but I'm considering it.












CODE OF PRINCESS (3DS): I'm a bit disappointed about the 3DS Christmas line-up to be honest. Besides Paper Mario and this game, nothing interesting seems to have been released for the holidays. Paper Mario doesn't interest me (yet) but Code of Princess actually does. At first I didn't like it but after reading some user reviews and watching some gameplay, I have to admit the game looks very fun. It's a mix between hack-n-slash and a JRPG where you play as skimpy princess Solange and some other characters to save a magical medieval land. 












LITTLE BIG PLANET (Vita): I'm one of those who think LBP is actually one of the best franchises born this generation. I've played through the two PS3 games and the PSP one and seen for myself what the users are capable of with the Play-Create-Share scenario Media Molecule invented with these games. I tried the Vita demo and it's simply fantastic. Excellent graphics, music, gameplay and creation tools. This game is simply a must-have.












DYNASTY WARRIORS NEXT (Vita): Like I said with the Gundam one, I know DW games are well below the quality standards of other franchises. But I played the demo of DWN and I couldn't help but had fun with it. According to the game's info, there are tons of missions, characters to play with, sidequests, minigames, modes and customization for the Vita entry. To me, it looks like it could be a very serious consideration for the portable console.












RAGNAROK ODYSSEY (Vita): This is one of those Japanese games that gives the player an unlimited number of quests for his/her created character to complete, similar to Monster Hunter or Phantasy Star. The Vita game is actually very nice but seems like you need to invest a lot of time in it to see the actually-cool features. I played the demo and liked it and several gameplay videos, articles and reviews online confirm the game is very cool later on. Worthy of consideration.












FINAL FANTASY XII: REVENANT WINGS (DS): Yes, that's not a mistake, a DS game in my 2012/2013 Christmas wishlist. Revenant Wings is a strategy-RPG similar to Final Fantasy Tactics. It's a sequel to FFXII, the original PS2 game that came out back in... 2006 I think it was¿ I never actually bought this game and it's cheap now so I think I should take the opportunity and order it.














POKÉMON BLACK/WHITE 2 (DS): Yup, another DS game here. This only speaks of how poor the 3DS catalog is at the moment if you already own a few games for it. In case of buying this I'd actually have to go for White 2 because I got Black in the prequel and my girlfriend already owns Black 2, so I'd need the opposite version to trade with her. I love Pokémon games so White 2 is a must for me. 













And I think that's pretty much it. As I said, the first five in that list have already been ordered so it's a matter of time for them to arrive. There are others I didn't mention like Wipeout 2048 (Vita), Batman Arkham City (PS3), Tales of Innocence R (Vita) or the Darksiders games (for 360), but those aren't a priority for me to be honest. Besides I'm traveling to New York City soon anyway and I'm sure I'll be buying several games for cheap there, so I have to leave a list of good games to buy for February!

This list doesn't mean I'll get ALL of them, it's just the ones that have the most priority, the ones I've been following for a while and interest me the most. Maybe I'll add a couple more or end up removing some, I dunno, but right now this is my current Christmas wishlist of games.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario