Gaming banner

1/17/2013

Atelier Ayesha and Ni No Kuni preordered!

Two new interesting titles in the JRPG genre are coming out this year and they've caught my eye. The first of them is Ni No Kuni, a game I already talked about when I first tried the demo last month. I loved the demo and see tons and tons of potential with the game in every aspect so I've decided to buy it as soon as it comes out from Amazon. My trip to NYC has been delayed so buying it there is a no go now. The game is actually coming out next week, this Tuesday if I'm exact so I would be getting it in the first days of February but I wouldn't play it immediately because I have other games with higher priority waiting for Persona 4 and the others to be finished. If you want to read my impressions on the demo of Ni No Kuni, click here.


The second game is Atelier Ayesha, from the same franchise from Rorona, Totori and Meruru. This game is actually the first in a new story, meaning the it won't take place in Arland, the land from the past three games. But it does have some similarities. Ayesha is a lonely girl who runs a herbalist's shop instead of an Alchemy one and the game seems to focus on her looking for a lost sister. I don't expect it to be the best JRPG ever but knowing it'll come is definitely good news.

A third game that just re-caught my attention is Pandora's Tower for the Wii.. This game is like a "little brother" to Xenoblade and The Last Story, the three JRPGs that "almost" didn't make it to the West. After several months without a word, it looks like XSEED will be bringing Pandora's Tower to America in Spring 2013. This is definitely awesome and more than welcome.

We're only in January and several good-looking RPGs are already in the horizon. Will 2013 see an improvement in JRPG releases and quality? It sure does look like it with games like Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII, Tales of Xillia, Ni No Kuni, Atelier Ayesha, Pandora's Tower and yes, we'll probably even get good news on Final Fantasy Versus XIII.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario