Gaming banner

1/15/2013

Persona 4 is a fucking masterpiece

I really wanted to make a post about my progress in Persona 4 Golden for the PS Vita but I've been so hooked with the game that I prefer to play it rather than write about it when I'm home. I'm extremely surprised by how deep and well-made this game is. I'm even willing to call the thing a fucking masterpiece. It's just one of the best JRPGs I've played in this gen. Personally I say it's on par with Xenoblade and both Final Fantasy XIII games (Yes, I loved those). It's that good. 

The storyline progress has a very good pace and managed to make several things happen in a short time without deviating from the main plot, solving a murder case in a small Japanese town using a party of high-school students. The social links, dialogs, battle system, soundtrack, graphics and story itself are very good and gets more and more interesting the more you advance through the game.


Even with that, I was bummed about something that happens in a certain part of the game. This is going to be a spoiler so if you haven't played it yet I suggest jumping to the next couple paragraphs. During the beginning of the game up until Rise's dungeon, I was already used to Teddie being the support character. I knew he was gonna join eventually but when I saved Rise and learned she never actually joins the fighting I was quite pissed at it. Fortunately, she takes Teddie's place as supporter and does learn quite a few abilities that are very useful for revealing stuff outside and inside battles.

Right now, I'm inside Naoto's dungeon, which has an excellent song for a change (Rise's and the other crazy kid's dungeons had terrible songs). I'm doing quite good with the battler using a party with Yu, Yosuke, Kanji and Yukiko. But I decided to leave and replenish HP and SP to revisit again using Chie and Teddie so they don't fall behind in level. Rise is being useful as well, usually giving me useful advice so I can hit the enemies with guaranteed criticals. This is awesome. Ah! Almost forgot to mention, I started a romance with Yukiko by mistake. I'm leveling the social links of all party members and manage to reach max with Yukiko and without really expecting it, we fell for each other, so I guess my Yu is now Yukiko's boyfriend so I can forget about those dates with Rise.

OK, END SPOILERS. This is so far a game that is making me VERY happy. I'm extremely pleased with it and seeing games in the JRPG genre being so good in this generation is something quite rare because I have to admit the overall quality of the genre has been lowered a bit since the PS1 and PS2 days. Purchasing a Vita months ago proved to be the correct decision, I struggled a little at first with only Ninja Gaiden, Uncharted and Gravity Rush but now that I have Persona 4 and the other games, I'm just happy to be the owner of a Vita.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario